Sunday, April 5, 2009

A prayer

Lord, please help us.  Please look down upon us and shine Your light in our hearts.  We are in so much pain, Lord.  Pain only you can fix.  Please help to warm our souls and see a glimpse of Your plan.  We are hurting so much, God.  We are inconsolably sad without our sweet Webb.  We do not know how life will ever get better, or how our family will ever be put back together.  We trust You and believe in Your purpose, but we are so confused and broken.  Our "strong" moments are starting to slip away.  Please come quickly, Lord, and give us the strength only You can give.  We come to You in humble prayer.  We have little to offer, other than whimpers and cries, but we come to You knowing You are the Great Physician and can heal any ailment, especially those of the heart.  We ask You to hold Webb close until we are together again.  We ask You to continue to work in our hearts and in our lives and the lives of our precious sons.  As we reflect on Easter and the purpose You had for Your Son, please remind us that Your plan may not always make sense to us, but You love us so unconditionally you sent Jesus to die so we may live forever.  We cannot even comprehend the greatness of You.  We believe in You and love You with all our hearts.  Please give us the peace only You can give, the peace that transcends ALL understanding.  In Your precious, Heavenly Son's name we pray, Amen.      

7 comments:

  1. I pray for you, I pray for you, I pray for you..........Lord hear Ashley's prayer, Lord hear Ashley's prayer, Lord hear Ashley's prayer....
    SO MUCH LOVE,
    Heather Rutherford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley -- You don't know us, but we our friends with Joel and Jessica McClenahan, the couple who recently lost their little girl, Cora, to cancer. I found your blog through a comment you left on their blog.

    I (Sarah) have added you to my prayers. It sounds like your little Webb was so very precious, but like you just prayed, we don't always know what God's purposes are. But, we can hold onto the hope that we have in Jesus. He is the only true hope in this world.

    Thank you for your blog, and thank you for commenting to Joel and Jessica. I'm sure your comments help them.

    Sarah Friesen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you! Heavenly Father is near you at this time I know that. Have faith that this pain will get better, you can do it, do it for your other two little ones at home. I am so sorry I wish I could take the pain away from you, all I can do is pray for you and I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ashley,
    You and I have not met, but we are joined in Christ and my heart grieves for you and your household. I am so very sorry for this devastating loss. I pray you will be able to find comfort in the knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows what it feels like to lose a son. And that Jesus also experienced the pain of grief as he wept for his friend, Lazarus. You are not alone, for He walks with you now in this valley of shadows. My prayer for you is that this Easter Sunday will fill your heart with that distinct joy that is born only of sorrow. And that you will be filled with the sure knowledge of Christ's gift to us all at His resurrection. As the angel said to Mary when she visited the tomb, "He is not here. He has risen, just as He promised!"
    God in Heaven, bring comfort to this family as they mourn. Comfort them daily with reminders of your steadfast love and a peace that passes all understanding.
    In their sorrow, draw them closer to one another and ever-nearer to you. Guard their faith and trust in your son, Jesus, as we ask this in His name. - Amen

    -Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, God hears your fervent prayers and only He knows the pain you are experiencing. I know that he is healing you but you are still in the early days of grief. Be patient with yourself and know that brighter days are coming. I am sending a link to a song that blesses my heart and gives me much encouragement. I hope it blesses you also. With prayers, Sue

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_rTX23V7Q

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, I found your blog through Katie Gordon's and then saw you comment on The McClenahan's blog. It was so odd to see you post there because I had wanted to copy their link for you... it's strange how the internet can make the world seem so small. I don't pretend for one moment to know your pain but I will cry out to Jesus on your behalf and will continue to trust that he is near the brokenhearted. I commented to The Mac's a few days ago with this verse from Isaiah-

    "and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
    to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
    the oil of gladness
    instead of mourning,
    and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
    They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the LORD
    for the display of his splendor"
    Isaiah 61:3

    Praying for you and your sweet redheads- I have one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
    When they walk through the Valley of Weeping,
    it will become a place of refreshing springs.
    They will continue to grow stronger,
    and each of them will appear before God in Zion." Psalm 84:5-7

    ReplyDelete