Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prayers

Some old family friends are going through a nightmare that is all too close to my heart. Their 18 year old son, who is an identical twin, was just diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma, an aggressive form on non Hodgkins lymphoma. I have no idea about prognosis, but I know they are treating it and have a very strong faith. Please pray for him. His name is Logan Brantley, and his parents are John and Dianne. They are precious, and I know the shock all of them must be feeling right now (I know some of you do, too), and it is a feeling I would not wish on anyone, especially a parent. Please pray that Logan can fight this and for his parents' strength and for his siblings, especially his twin, Hunter. Obviously, this was a huge blow to their whole family. I would also ask you forward this to anyone you know who will pray for them. The power of prayer is so great, and we are so lucky we have a tool like the internet to spread the word quickly. We know it is in His hands, and God will get them thorugh this. I will update you if I know more, and thanks in advance for the prayers for this sweet family. Love, Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ashley, my heart goes out to this family. Life kind of rocks along and than you hear devastating news that turns your world upside down! The wonderful news is that God is in control and He is not taken by surprise. I pray that the Brantley family will feel God's peace, grace and strength. I pray that Logan will come through this fine and will get back to being a typical 18 year old. Thank you for keeping us informed. Ashley, you continue in my prayers....grief does not take a holiday...I know you have difficult and challenging days. May the Lord bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete