Thursday, March 12, 2009

This Woman's Work

The song that kept running through my mind while Webb was in the hospital:

This Woman's Work
Kate Bush
Pray to God you can cope
I stand outside this woman's work,
This woman's world,
Oh, it's hard on the man, 
Now his part is over,
Now starts the craft of the father....

I know you have a little life in you left.
I know you have a lot of strength yet.
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

I should be crying but I just can't let it show.
I should be hoping but I can't stop thinking.

Of all the things I should have said that I never said,
All the things we should've done that we never did.
All the things I should've given but I didn't.
Oh, darling, make it go away.

Give me these moments back.
Give them back to me.
Give me that little kiss.
Give me your hand.



1 comment:

  1. I have never heard this song before so I went to You Tube and listened to it and watched the video. What a beautiful and haunting song! I love her voice and the words are profound. Praying for you. Sue

    ReplyDelete